Saturday, November 6, 2010

Discovery Park Hike

Today I had a late start, but my sister-in-law asked me to go for a hike at Discovery Park in Magnolia. It was my first time there, first hike of the year (geesh) and first time using my brand spanking new hiking boots :)

It was kind of a drive from where we live but totally worth it! We started around 1pm and it was overcast, but great weather...not too hot or cold, and thank goodness...NO RAIN! We met this little guy at the beginning of the trail:
 
I must say it was a great hike down, a little muddy, but didn't fall *knock on wood* We made it down to the beach and there were a few people out there and the views were great.
 
 
 
We shared a tuna sandwich from Subway which we bought on the way to the trail. Sat on a great log with views of the Puget Sound near a cute little lighthouse.
 
 
We even saw some brave paddle boarders...they must be freezing!
 
The hike back up to the car was BRUTAL! I thought I was going to die, but we made it back in one piece!!! Here are our stats from my Cardio Trainer app on my phone:
 
2.89 miles in 58 minutes (that doesn't include our lunch break).
 
I'm happy with the stats being it was my first hike in like FOREVER! But I hope that we can go back there because it really was a great hike. Stopped at PCC afterwards and got a gelato treat (Pistacio and Ginger)
 
Took a nap, yes a nap, when we got home and then we went out for Pho...YUM! When we got home we finished our 5k shirts:
 
Tanz is one of my nicknames ;)

We will be doing the 5k next Saturday, please let it be dry! And please let me finish in one piece :)

No comments:

Post a Comment