Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Kinect Me

HAPPY 2011!!!!

I started back on Weight Watchers on Monday and so far so good. I'm starting to understand the new Points Plus system and love the fact that veggies and fruits are now 0 points! Gotta go get more apples and bananas soon, and fill the fridge with salads and spinach, yum. I find it weird that I love fresh spinach, but cannot stand steamed spinach...weird.

I think the hardest part for me will be tracking my food intake. I am very good at it in the beginning and then start forgetting to do it. Need to push myself not only to excercise, but also to eat in moderation and track everything I eat.

I went to my sister in-law's birthday on Monday, first day of my healthier lifestyle and we had chocolate cake and icecream. I was craving another piece, but my hubby reminding me of what my goals are and although I was upset, I am happy that he said something. I had my small piece and was satisfied, just needed the reminder :)

Last night I finally opened up my Biggest Loser Kinect game. I've had it for a while, but it's been collecting dust on our coffee table. Can I tell you that MAN, that thing is hard! I know I will love it, but damn...I only did 15 minutes and was worn out.




The Kinect took a scan of my body and let me tell you! It shows EVERYTHING. Was a little wary when I started doing jumping jacks and I saw everything move, ughuh. I love the fact that it tells you when you are not moving fast enough or kicking high enough. It even tells you when you are stretching wrong. It's basically a personal trainer in your home. People, Jillian Michaels (avatar) kicked my ass! And that was only day 1. I signed up for the 12 week program to work out at a beginner's level 4 days a week. My goal is to work out with the Kinect in the AM and then get ready for work. Four days...that's not that bad and I know I can do it. I just need to remember what my goals are and keep them in mind.

Biggest Loser Round 4 starts next week. At my work we have a small group that joined our version of the Biggest Loser. I've never won, but that shall change! Motivation at work is great and I can't wait to start the new round with everyone. But they better watch out cause I'm now a threat :) hee hee.

I'll keep you posted on my progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment