Thursday, January 6, 2011

Healthy Cooking

I will be first to acknowledge that I would eat a lot healthier if I just cooked myself. That's very hard for me because I got into the habit of plain ol' being lazy. Getting fast food from McDonald's is a heck of a lot easier than going home after a stressful day at work and spending an hour in the kitchen making a meal and cleaning up after it.

I do cook...its just not that often and far between. In fact at one time I only knew how to make a handful of items and that's all I made, ever. Let's just say that my family ate a lot of chicken enchiladas :0)

I've just recently started this blog and also reading other blogs and I'm hooked. I spend at least 2 hours at work, before work, reading and catching up on stranger's random thoughts and wonderful recipes.

I found a great recipe called Taco Soup and made it tonight. My family gives it a 10 (out of 10). It was fairly easy to make and didn't take much time to do at all. Thanks, Our Best Bites (blog).

So I'm ready to start learning recipes so that I am able to make healthier meals. Definitely starting easy and working my way up to more difficult recipes!

No comments:

Post a Comment