Sunday, January 30, 2011

Greenlake

This morning I met up with one of my good friends Maria, who I haven't seen in FOREVER, to walk around Greenlake. I'll be honest I tried to talk her out of walking the lake and just meet up for breakfast, but she talked me into walking :)

This morning I attempted to make a poached egg, never made one before so the night before I looked up how to do it. After reading a few articles I knew I could do it, so I woke up and headed upstairs to the kitchen. Didn't make one though because all of the articles I read said you need vinegar, which we didn't have. So I ate an apple instead and headed out the door to Greenlake.

Only took 10 minutes to get there from Edmonds and I found a great spot. Anyone who lives in Seattle knows that its soooo hard to find a parking spot near Greenlake. Met Maria at Starbucks and sipped on a Skinny Caramel Machiato while we walked.

When we first started our venture, it started to snow!?! WTH? But luckily that only lasted a few seconds, and other than the cold and wind, it was a great day for a walk.

We finished the 2.8 trek around the lake in an hour....gonna get that number down next week!

I remember being a kid and roller blading with my cousins around the lake. The path is sooo much nicer now and I recall a few times where I ate gravel cause the path was uneven and the tree roots lifted up many areas. I even remember screaming "LEFT" to the walkers to tell em' I'm passing you on the left! Gosh, I even swam in that lake back in the day, wouldn't recommend that now though! You'd be swimming in duck poop :)

I feel great after the walk and even more relaxed!

No comments:

Post a Comment