Saturday, January 22, 2011

No Pudge

Today was a very lazy day. I didn't leave the house and barely left the bed! Woke up around 10am (geesh) and headed upstairs to eat something (cheerios and soy milk) and then started to make dinner. After purusing Foodgawker I found a recipe for Smashed Potato Soup.

Very easy recipe and it was yummy! The longest part was peeling the potatoes...we only had small ones so I had to peel quite a few. Threw it all in a slow cooker and let it cook for 6 hours. Once done, I mashed the potatoes down and added the non-fat half and half and cheese and dinner was served. I love me some slow cookers! I am looking for a steel cut oatmeal recipe to make for Monday morning. Trying to mix up my work morning breakfasts so I don't get in a rut.

For dessert tonight I made two servings of Mint No Pudge Brownies. Completely forgot about No Pudge. A friend a few years ago told me about it and I was stoked to find it at Albertsons! Very simple, 2 tablespoons of mix and 1 tablespoon of vanilla yogurt - nuke it for one minute and viola! Brownies! I didn't each much today so I treated myself to two servings.

Right after I ate my dessert, yum....Lonnie (my husband) wanted to go to Burger King. Before we left, I went onto their website
and looked what I could eat. I could eat everything and my downfall is french fries, BUT I got a junior whopper with no mayo (7 WW points).

I think that if I eat out I'll just make sure I am able to check their nutritional information so I know beforehand what I want (and should) get. I love that many places are required by LAW to post this information. I thought it would be weird to sit down at a nice place and ask for their nutrition list, but it's not.

I'm hoping to hit the gym tomorrow, I excited to actually.

No comments:

Post a Comment