Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Don't go chasing Waterfalls

Had a fabulous weekend and so far this week has been pretty good too.

On Saturday morning, my friend Maria and I drove up to Snoqualmie Falls...of course a pit stop was made at Starbucks for my best buddy (a venti skinny caramel machiato).  The drive was very easy and since it was 7 in the morning there was no traffic what-so-ever. 

We got up to the falls about an hour later and walked around a bit.  Luckily it wasn't rainy, a bit overcast, but I'd take that over rain ANY DAY!

We then went and had breakfast at the Salish Lodge, wow, what a beautiful hotel!  Mental note:  I will stay here one night!  The view was spectacular and the atmosphere was comfortable.  I bet it costs quite a bit since the breakfast was a little on the pricey side.  I had the french toast with cinnamon vanilla whipped cream and raspberry compote.  Delicious!  Also ordered a pot of the pear caramel tea...perfect since I was a little cold.

After breakfast we walked around the upper path (the lower path that leads down to the waterfall is closed until 2013).  Have to say it was a short yet fun walk.  There were a lot more people there by then (I think there was a wedding).  I saw maybe 3-5 people taking pictures with their Ipads.  Really, is it easier to carry around a huge Ipad than a smaller camera?  Hmmm....maybe they don't have a camera, but it was kind of funny seeing them try to hold this huge thing while balancing on a rock trying to take a picture.  I just used my camera phone (yeah, I'm that awesome!).



Saturday night I went out with my friends Erin and Heath.  The entire week I was telling myself I would not drink (since I've drank for the past 5 weekends now), but got a little stressed before heading out and wanted to "let my hair down."  So yes, I had a few drinks (diet coke and vanilla vodka - yum!) and had a GREAT evening!  Thank you to both Erin and Heath for watching out for me!  Erin and I went out with a few friends to Denny's and were out until 4:30a!  Yeah, I'm WAY too old for that, although it did feel a little bit like my younger days when we'd go out dancing and then eat the calories that we burned dancing with a Grand Slam at Denny's.

You can always tell how much I've had to drink from the color of my cheeks :)

"No one can love you until you love yourself"....great quote.  Read this off of a blog that I follow.  I must say that it is completely true!  I'm still trying to embrace myself emotionally and physically.  Slow process, but I'm getting there with the help and love of my family and friends!

Can I just tell you how much I love this guy!!!



This is my brother Justin and I LOVE him sooo much.  He's in the Airforce and is stationed in Arkansas and is one of the best guys I have ever known.  He and I are going through a lot right now, but I am so glad that we have each other to lean on.  I am blessed and honored to have him as my little bro and am proud that he choice to serve his country and so far has done to two tours overseas.  I love you JUSTIN!

No comments:

Post a Comment